From Our Humble Home

The recipes are numbered as shown in the side bar. Just Scroll till you find the one you want. Bon Appetite!

Monday, July 16, 2007

#1 Extraordinary Chocolate Chip Cookies


Makes 3 1/2 dozen cookies

1 1/2 cups butter or margarine, softened

1 1/4 cups granulated sugar

1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar

1 tablespoon vanilla
2 eggs

4 cups Gold Medal all-purpose flour

2 teaspoons baking soda

1 teaspoon salt

1 bag (24 oz) semisweet chocolate chips (4 cups)


1. Heat over to 350 degrees F. In large bowl, mix butter, sugars, vanilla and
eggs
with spoon. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chips.

2. On ungreased cookie sheet ( I use parchment paper) drop dough by rounded
measuring tablespoonfuls (I use a cookie dough scoop) about 2 inches apart.


3. Bake 12-15 minutes (My over cooks high, I only cook about 7 minutes) or
until light brown.
Cool slightly. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool
completely.


High Altitutde (3500-6500 feet) bake 13-16 minutes or until light brown.

Nutrition: 1 cookie is 240 calories (but so worth it!)

1 comment:

Amy and Chad Larson Family said...

I didn't know the part about using a spoon to mix part of the ingredients. I just put them in my KitchenAid and they still turned out great! This is probably the only chocolate chip cookie recipe I'll use from now on.